Internships funding has two components: One component covers travel and subsistence expenditures for the fellow up to 6000 Euros. The second component is a regular Instruct Access Project associated to the internship, contemplating a maximum expenditure of 6000 Euros (equivalent to 4 access visits), following standard cost rules for Instruct Access Projects.
Internships facilitate valuable collaborations with Instruct research groups applying techniques that are not available in the applicant’s laboratory and the long duration of awards allows interns to gain in depth experience in the host laboratory.
In preparing your application please consider that:
The Application and Review Process
The applications process is handled via the online application system and written in English.
• Applications received or completed after the start of the visit will not be considered.
• The Receiving Institute/Laboratory Acceptance Form must be attached to the online application.
• Applications will be refereed by at least two experts in the area of the research project
• The reviewers are asked to judge the quality of the candidate and the research project with the major criterion being the projected benefit to the applicant’s research project of accessing Instruct expertise and technologies towards the research outcome.
• As soon as a decision is reached, normally within two months from submission of a complete application, applicants are informed promptly.
Duration of support
Internships are intended for visits of minimum 3 and maximum 6 months.
Travel costs and subsistence expenditures
The internships cover travel plus subsistence expenditures of the intern but not of any dependents. According to the length of the internship the support for subsistence will be capped to €3000-€6000.
The hosting centre supports in sourcing accommodation. Successful interns are encouraged to apply for funding to contribute to their consumable costs through an access proposal clearly indicating the connection to an awarded internship. Request of funding through this route will be commensurate with the internship project, limited to consumable costs and in no case exceed 6000 Euros.
End of Internship report
Within 6 months after completion of your internship the intern should submit an Internship report.
The end of Internship report should detail your research objectives, results and further work to be undertaken. Diagrams, charts or figures may be included in the report.