Instruct-ERIC is accepting proposals for the 5th Biennial Structural Biology Conference scheduled for 2021.
Instruct is a distributed European Research Infrastructure, which provides scientists with access to all major cutting edge technologies that enable biomacromolecular structure determination at atomic resolution. Access to all of these technologies has been available to European member researchers from February 2012. The inaugural Instruct Structural Biology Meeting at Heidelberg in 2013 successfully showcased integrative structural biology and its impact on biological research and biomedicine. Subsequent conferences were hosted in Florence (2015), Brno (2017) and the 4th Instruct Biennial Structural Biology Conference will take place in Alcalá de Henares, Spain, 22 - 24 May, 2019. The historical Alcalá de Henares is one of the oldest universities I the world and the birthplace of Miguel de Cervantes where the Universidad Complutense was founded in 1293. The social programme of the meeting will include visit of the city, a gala dinner and extensive opportunity to network with the Instruct Structural Biology community. The host Centre for the 5th Biennial conference should plan for a similar standard and scale.
Bids should include:
- a description of the proposed venue (suitable for up to 250 participants)
- resources (rooms and support) for speaker sessions, posters, breakout sessions and administration meetings.
- Facilities for catering and accommodation, local travel between airport/train stations, venue, accommodation if applicable.
- an estimate of major costs and possibility of sponsorship
- any highlights that may be included (tours of facilities, gala dinner).
Bids will be received online until January 18th 2019.
The successful bidder will be announced at the Fourth Biennial Conference in Alcala de Henares.